Thursday, March 30, 2017

Taking It To The Movies

I have been doing a few demonstrations lately on the reductive technique using soft pastels on Rives BFK paper. The paper is cotton rag and is not sanded. The softness of the paper allows it to be toned with pastel or charcoal. It does have a tooth (roughness) to it and works beautifully for drawing. This paper is used for conte, charcoal, pastel, lithographic print making and can be used for painting water color, acrylic or oils,

This is the recent barn owl that I started as a demonstration piece at the AZ Sonora Desert Museum in Tucson, followed by hands on demo with the Tucson Pastel Society. The piece was finish in my studio. The little video is composed of pictures taken while working under several lighting conditions. It gives you a quick look at how I begin and the final piece. 

Sometime in the future I will try to put together a more detailed video of the toning of the paper and the beginning of the work using the eraser. Until than I hope you find this helpful. If you have any question, would like to learn this technique or set up lessons please email me at: lindahp@lindaharrisonparsons.com

linda hp at Desert Museum Tucson AZ


video


No comments:

Post a Comment

Art History

Some time ago I was at the AZ State Capitol for meetings in support of the Arts. While I was there I discovered the Original State Capit...