Saturday, March 25, 2017

Slow And Easy

Years and years ago I did my Master's Thesis creating lithographic prints using low toxic techniques and handmade papers from the Amazon River area. Shipped to me by a friend. For the images the Smithsonian National Zoo had opened the Amazonia Exhibit which featured under the river and in the canopy displays. Why am I bringing all this up, well when certain people, Beccy & Wayne, posted a video of a sloth it brought back a flood of memories. Then they posted parrots and monkeys.

For my thesis research I went to the zoo a lot, taking pictures, doing sketches and waiting. The sloth likes to be up in the canopy of the trees. So, you wait to see them come down. They do come down a couple times a day, usually once in the morning and once in the evening, maybe. I did get the pictures I needed of all the animals to create the Amazon Books.

For today's FB post you will find a variation of the sloth.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...