Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Little Trees

Today, Monday, March 20th is International Happiness Day and the first day of Spring in the Northern Hemisphere. I thought I would focus on those things in nature and art that make me happy. Since, everything in AZ is blooming this month that would include some spring time pictures.

March is my favorite month in AZ. The weather is nice, starting to get warm but not too hot yet. The hillsides/mountains are covered in color. The green of the palo verde, with it's bright yellow flowers just coming out. It is a pretty special space this time of year. I am not your traditional plein air painter but in March I do go out and paint in the gardens, National Parks, State Parks or just in my own backyard.

Here are a few photos that make me happy and celebrate spring.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Square Art

I have heard that it's hip to be square. I know pushing it again, but, thought I would try one of the tree pieces as a square format. It...