Friday, March 10, 2017

A Little Birdie Told Me...

That this will be the month of the owl. I finally finished the second of the graphite drawings on coffee stained wood panels. I was looking at the dates on some of the photos and I think I finished the first one in October. I started the second one in November, it still needs to be sealed but it is done in March.

I will be doing a few more owls this month. I was playing around with the watercolor crayons yesterday and have a barn owl in process. Next week I will be in Tucson doing two, yes, two demonstrations. I will start a barn owl in color at the AZ Sonora Desert Museum, Ironwood Gallery. I will be there from 10 - 1 and will finish the day at the Tucson Pastel Society doing a step by step follow along with me kind of demonstration with charcoal on Rives BFK paper from 2-4. I will end that demo with how to take the reductive technique in charcoal into color using the piece I started earlier that morning. It will be a full but productive day.

So, looks like the word, work, for the month of March is Owls. Who knows one of them may be a special sale or even a prize at the end of the month. Remember if you "like" or "love" one of the images on the FB album 31-31 challenge your name goes into the drawing,

Red Screech Owl graphite on wood

Grey Screech Owl graphite on wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Square Art

I have heard that it's hip to be square. I know pushing it again, but, thought I would try one of the tree pieces as a square format. It...