Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Seeing The Sky

2017 is proving to be a busy year. We have been on the go and I am a bit behind in writing blog posts. I will get in a few here and there. The next two months there will be some down time. Until then I will try to share some of the places we go, art shows, workshops and things I love about AZ.

Since we have been back in AZ there have been some pretty nice sunrises and sunsets. I have been trying to remember to take photos from the same locations. There is something about the color of the sky in AZ that is intriguing. The blue is different then the east coast. In my little part of the world there are not a lot of big trees filling up the. giving this area that big sky feel.

Sunrises, sunsets are special no matter where you are but I do truly enjoy having my coffee watching the sun come up from behind the mountains. I have said it in the past I am not much on doing landscapes. I generally do not like to try to paint sunrises or sunsets as I can not compete with Mother Natures palette. Yet, I am being inspired to try a few experiments in the idea of landscapes. Something in a square format or maybe one of the long narrow may come into play.

Until I get to really working in the studio, here are some photos that have me thinking.

January 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art And Wine

Today, May 25th, is National Wine Day in the U.S.A. apparently there is a sister day in February called National Drink Wine Day. In celebrat...