Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Where There Is...

This year my travels have been fire and water, maybe a little snow which is frozen water. My point being there have been some major issues, fires, smoke, and floods. Some of these came from nature, some created by humans. You could even think the natural flooding, caused by hurricanes could be affected by human behavior.

I know I am on my soapbox today. With all things in life, you need to be aware of your surroundings, you need to be careful in nature. Remember Smoky the Bear, make sure those fires are out. The sad part is some people start these fires on purpose.

There are lots of changes occurring in nature, the earth, our world. I try not to preach too much to the choir. I do support wildlife and nature organizations. I research information to make sure what I read is correct. I go to government web sites and read what Bills are bring proposed. I write, send postcards and contact my government representatives to let them know my thoughts. I remind them I vote.

What does all this have to do with art - everything. Art in education, art residences, National Parks where I get my inspiration for my art. Everything, everyone is connected. I will keep working to let those people who are there to represent my country that their job is to represent all the people. I will keep creating my art, doing my job.

Please be careful in nature, I have seen too many fires, too much smoke lately. Even yesterday along the Smoky Mountains they are fighting fires. I really mean it when I say take care, of you and your world.
Fire In Smoky Mountains

S.C. after the flood, no dunes to keep off

Fire in AL

1 comment:

Clouds - Trees - Along The Way

We are about 18 days into our cross country trip. We are on the east coast, have been for a for about a week, GA, S.C. crossed through N.C. ...