Tuesday, October 18, 2016

A Closer Look

Over the weekend I was down at Surfside Beach, S.C. As Rick and I walked the beach I was intrigued by the textures. Following the hurricane there are lots of shells on the beach, many of them broken, the dunes have been displaced and the ocean plays with the sand, creating patterns.

As usual I had my camera, and took a few photos...okay I took over 200 but under 300. It was one day shy of the full moon and I needed to have pictures of the moon rising over the ocean. The bonus was a nice sunset. I know I generally don't do a lot of landscape, seascape type painting but I do like to take photographs. I do print some of my photos out and frame them. They make me smile, remembering the moments, people and place of that trip.

I put together a little collage of some of the things I saw on the beach. Taking a closer look at the details, the textures. I could see myself at some point playing with a textured background and paint. Another project for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - Trees - Along The Way

We are about 18 days into our cross country trip. We are on the east coast, have been for a for about a week, GA, S.C. crossed through N.C. ...