Sunday, September 18, 2016

Rewind

To take a look at something again, to rewind. I started a American Kestrel as a demonstration piece in July at the NOMA gallery. As I looked at it I was not happy with the way the tree branch went up along the side of the page, it felt off balance. I wanted to add more detail to the body of the bird, brighten the whites and make the blacks darker.

This is my rewind, going back into a piece and making adjustments. There are times when those adjustments may not have been the improvement you had in mind but I think I like this this version better.


Day 18 of the 30-30 Challenge - "American Kestrel" pastel 10x11" image
Day 18 "American Kestrel" rewind version
Demo at gallery - work in progress


No comments:

Post a Comment

Art And Wine

Today, May 25th, is National Wine Day in the U.S.A. apparently there is a sister day in February called National Drink Wine Day. In celebrat...