Thursday, September 1, 2016

Here We Go Again 30-30

Last year I did the 30-30 Challenge for September. In January of this year I was a little late getting things going so I did a 21 Jump Start. How quickly the year has gone and we are back to September. Yes, I am doing the 30-30 Challenge for September. I will not be doing the January challenge in 2017 so thought I should give myself a little push and do this almost fall challenge.

As usual I will be wrapping up some pieces that were started and put aside for later. I will post some working sketches for projects I want to do working out if they will be oil, pastel or a mixed medium. I have lots of trees I need to work on for a show in October. Plus, need to work on some leaves and maybe pears/apples for labels for cider from Willow Oaks craft cider and wine.

I have lots of ides, lots of projects and several shows coming up to keep me busy. I hope to post something every day for the next 30 days but there will be some travel days in there so we shall see. Wish me luck!!!

Here is a Mountain Lion in pastel that I am still working on, started him in June and will be finished in September. These are a few step by step images so you can see how I work.

Toned Rives BFK paper with soft pastels, sketch in white charcoal

Add darks

Block in colors and start details

Additive colors and details with pastel pencils - Almost done...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Catch-Up

My last post was July 3rd and now it is July 15th - wow! It is hard to believe that we have been on the road for over a month - 38 days as...