Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Endings and Beginnings

September is almost over, it has been a very busy month. It was very hard to keep the postings going for the 30-30. The last couple of days are not going to be any easier. Today is Day 28 and I did not get the piece I was working on done, it is close but need one more day. It is from a photo I took of a squirrel having his breakfast. I have another photo of him looking down at me which might be a follow up piece. This is done on coffee stained paper with pastels. The squirrel is mostly done, needs a few highlights. The branch he was sitting on was covered with moss, that will take a few layers and lots of nerve type work, little touches here and there.

Once the 30-30 is over, I will be getting ready for art shows in October. The Historic Burwell-Morgan, Art at the Mill show is up and ready. The show opens October 1st and runs through October 16th, with an Artists Reception October 9th from 5:00-7:00. I will be at the reception this year. For more information check the web site http://www.clarkehistory.org/art-at-the-mill.html

October 7th, First Friday Art Walk in Blacksburg, VA I will be the featured artist for the Matrix Gallery, 115 N. Main St., Blacksburg, VA. The show is titled: Tree Songs, it will have pastels, mixed medium and oil paintings. There will of course be lots of trees, along with birds and if he gets finished maybe a squirrel. The opening reception on the 7th is from 5:00-7:00 which includes a Scavenger Hunt in the city.

October 21st, Friday afternoon from 3:00-6:00 I will be at Matrix Gallery for a special demonstration and reception. If you can't make it to the opening come on by for the 2nd reception.

There are other things in the works and once they are confirmed I will let you know. Until then here is today's post, the works at the Mill show and something to be found at the Matrix show.

Art at the Mill
Day 28 "Breakfast Time" pastel on coffee stained paper

"Southern Roots" Matrix Gallery


No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Catch-Up

My last post was July 3rd and now it is July 15th - wow! It is hard to believe that we have been on the road for over a month - 38 days as...