Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Drawing Leaves

Day 27 of the 30-30 challenge, this little pin oak leaf is one I started in MD. I have another grouping of the pin oaks in process. The single leaf was drawn directly from the leaf in graphite on paper. The grouping will be done from photographs and dried leaves. Plus, I use photoshop to create a simple outline to eliminate the details.

Starting the drawing, I do a very loose sketch using a cross between contour and gesture drawing. This helps me get my propositions correct. I generally will start with an HB pencil, then moved to B, 2B and 4B for the final dark's.

I think drawing with graphite is still my all time favorite.

Day 27 "pin oak" graphite on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art And Wine

Today, May 25th, is National Wine Day in the U.S.A. apparently there is a sister day in February called National Drink Wine Day. In celebrat...