Thursday, September 22, 2016

Aspen Songs

Day 24 - 30-30 Challenge "Aspen Songs" another of the long format mixed medium pieces. The background for this piece was done last year. One of those that had a background and new not what it was going to become. I ask friends what they saw within the frame - Aspens - was the answer. I thought on it for awhile, I new it would need 3 long trees, this one without the roots. A few autumn leaves and touches of colors here and there using my softest pastels. They tend to work better on top of the watercolor crayons I use for the under painting.

This piece will be included in a show in October at The Matrix Gallery, Blacksburg, VA. More on this later.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...