Monday, September 5, 2016

A Matter Of Balance

Trying to keep balance in my life seems to be a reoccurring theme. Last week I wrote about the rock structures in the Smoky Mountains. Sunday evening, Rick and I went over to Hahn Garden to see the outside art exhibits. These are interactive works of art throughout the gardens. 

One of the hands on pieces was Cairns. These man-made stacks of rocks. So, when in Rome...we each built our own little trail marker. Taking a few moments to work with rocks and find a moment of balance. 

Today's 30-30 is "Balance & Breathe" a graphite and ink study for what may be a charcoal piece later down the road.

30-30 "Balance and Breathe"
My Cairn
Rick building a Cairn
A door in the garden, a play on shadows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Catch-Up

My last post was July 3rd and now it is July 15th - wow! It is hard to believe that we have been on the road for over a month - 38 days as...