Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Just A Hint

The last few days having been giving us just a hint that fall is right around the corner. It is about a month away but the temperatures are dropping, the humidity has dropped and for the moment clear blue skies.

While we were in Oregon we noticed that leaves already had color coming out. This may be due to the higher heat temperatures and lower rain fall. As we hiked through the woods in Oregon it was motivating me to work on projects for an October show. Rick and I took a walk around Virginia Techs campus before classes started so I could get some nice reference photos.

Yesterday, I was organizing computer files. I know that just sounds like so much fun. But, it does give me a chance to go back an explore those photos I took a season, a year, a few years ago. In doing this I found more tree reference pictures with some nice fall colors and a few in the snow. Next, I check with the gallery owner to see how many pieces she wants.

Fall is almost here, and trees are always a nice focus for art. I am thinking there may be a lot of trees and leaves in the 30-30 challenge this September.

Hoyt Arboretum Washington Park OR

Common Paw Paw 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...