Sunday, August 7, 2016

I Thought Virginia Was Green...

Oregon, is filled with with many colors but green is the predominate. Green comes in many shades, and values. The green of the grass, moss, lichen, the variety of trees, pines, oaks, maples and more. We hiked up Ponytail Trail to see the waterfall but most of my pictures were of things that were green. I did sit and sketch for a little while. I choose to do a single pine tree not the waterfall or the splendid view from a high point on the trail. Sometimes it is nice just to focus on  one thing, one color. 

My approach to hiking is one step at a time. Stopping along the way to catch my breath and take a few pictures. Remembering to stop, look behind as the view is always different but green.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Rolling Through Roanoke

June 22, Thursday, Rick and I had to go into Roanoke, VA for the afternoon. Roanoke has some interesting street art, public art. There are a...