Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Leave No Trace

Preparing for art shows this year I have been thinking a lot about places I have been, hikes through the forest, along the shores, and across rocky mountains. One of the things I come back to - is leave no trace. The photos and sketches I have made are for my memories of these places. When I leave I take all but my footprints and I try to keep them to a minimum.

The National Parks Service is coming up on their 100th Anniversary. I have been watching the series about the history of the parks. This has influenced my work this year. I have been going back through my photographs, picking out some of my favorites. Some to use as references for paintings and illustrations. Others I just printed off, just because I like the photograph.

If I can find my little photo screen to display photos, I will put together a slide show of places and parks. I will have this at the opening reception at the NOMA gallery show. America Through Artists' Eyes, opening July 1 through 30th, with reception to meet the artists, July 2nd from 5-9. Located in Historic Frederick, corner of 5th & Market: 437 N. Market St., Fred., MD.

I hope you can come by and see the works myself and Kathy Bush have created for July, along with the group show from the artists at NOMA gallery. Maybe be inspired to take a walk and find a special park of your own.

Special gallery hours in July: July 3, 4, 10, 24, 12:00-4:00
General gallery hours: Friday 4:00 - 8:00, Saturday 12:00 - 8:00 First Saturday open till 9:00

http://www.nomagalleryfrederick.com

Tonto National Forest, AZ

Grand Canyon

White Sands, N.M.

Chincoteague Island, VA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...