Friday, March 4, 2016

Walk About

The other day I drove up to Cottonwood which is not far from Sedona. I needed to deliver art for show coming up at The Manheim Gallery. It takes about 2 hours to get there and since it pretty much will be my day of travel thought why not take a little break and walk about.
I have been looking through magazines and tourist info for places to take friends and family. I was reminded of Montezuma's Well, near Cottonwood. Why not go explore a little, it has been several years since I was last there. So I did! 
It is a lot of up and down rock stairway path. Easy if you take it slow. The well is a spring feed pond. But it does not host fish. The Native American tribe that once lived here disappeared but their dwellings remain. It is a bit of history, mystery and nature. 
http://www.nps.gov/moca/planyourvisit/exploring-montezuma-well.htm Here's the link if you would like to read about some of the mystery-history of Montezuma's Well.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing Catch-Up

My last post was July 3rd and now it is July 15th - wow! It is hard to believe that we have been on the road for over a month - 38 days as...