Monday, February 15, 2016

One Bird - Two Birds

This weekend was a little busy, preparing for paper making workshop, pastel meeting mid-day Sunday and counting birds. That last part was kind of a nice break. It was the Great Backyard Count. I signed up and recorded what I saw. It was interesting as I did not see near the numbers of birds that I see when I am not counting. Was hoping to include the great horned owl. Of course I hear him this morning. I have seen at least 3 in my yard. They like to sit in the top of the mesquite tree. Have not seen a road runner in awhile but hummingbirds no complaints I am overwhelmed by these little beauties.
Here are a few pictures from my backyard this weekend. The names are my best guest, looking at bird references.
Glided Flicker

Costa Hummingbird

Peach-face or Rosy-face Love Birds

Yellow Warbler


Mourning Dove

"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song." Chinese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...