Sunday, February 28, 2016

Marble-eyes

I recently had an opportunity to give a talk to an art group in Goodyear, AZ. The conservation started a year ago. The person who coordinates artists talks contacted me from a postcard she picked up for my studio workshops.

In the beginning it would be a talk on Suminagashi Marbling techniques. Which is floating inks on water and transferring it to paper. The more I spoke to Kathy about what she wanted the talk to include I realized it was more about the Art of Paper then one single process.

I prepared a Power Point, brought in show and tell pieces: marbleized works, handmade paper, books and framed works on paper. It was a good talk, lots of great questions and future workshops.

Coming up soon are one day workshops to introduce people to printmaking. Including Suminagashi, monotypes & paste paper. Because of the talk I gave the workshops are full. 

Plans are in the works for additional workshops this year and next. Paper-making will resurface in 2017! Today back to the studio to frame for upcoming shows. More on that in a couple days or tomorrow.







No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...