Friday, February 12, 2016

For The Birds

What are you doing this weekend? I just signed myself up for "The Great Backyard Bird Count". The Cornell Lab, Audubon and others host this on-line event to do scientific research. It does not take much time and it is a good way to make yourself sit outside, if weather permits. Look through the window outside, if it is too cold, wet, snowy and watch the birds as they come to your backyard. There is also a photo contest you can enter as you snap a few pictures of the birdies. So, join me in the great backyard bird count. gbbc.birdcount.org

Here are some pictures of birds that have been in  my backyard in AZ. Later I will post new images from this weekend and my counts.

Great Horned Owl

Gila Woodpecker

Gambel's Quail

Western Tanager


Peach Faced Love Birds

Road Runner



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...