Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Do You See What I See?

Nature, trees, stumps, logs, leaves, rocks...sometimes I see images within the patterns of the abstract. While we were walking through Boyce Thompson Arboretum we saw a tree and there looked to be an alligator head in the branches. Really, that is what it looked like, I have a witness, Rick saw it too. The fun thing about seeing these objects is taking pictures as a reminder of time and place. They do not serve well as references for drawings but they do get me thinking. If I drew a tree that looked like an alligator, people would wonder why I put an alligator in a tree? There have been times that people have seen things within the texture of my drawings that were not intended.

Today's post is just wondering if you see some of the things that I see. Now to go back through pictures to see if I remember where I saw them in the first place. The alligator was recent so no problem there. Into the archive of pictures to see what we can see.

Boyce Thompson Arboretum 

Bryce in Utah - I see you

Zion, Utah - I think I saw a rabbit

Kanab, Utah - phone home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art And Wine

Today, May 25th, is National Wine Day in the U.S.A. apparently there is a sister day in February called National Drink Wine Day. In celebrat...