Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Windows Of Opportunities

This fall I have felt like I kept missing my windows of opportunities. The weather has not been so great to get out and do plein air work. Nor walk around and take photos of beautiful trees. I had hoped to walk around the Virginia Tech campus. They are known for the beautiful trees. There are even some white oaks that are over 300 years old.

I discovered a new word today - dendrology: the scientific study of trees. There is a web site and an app you can download. http://www.dendro.cnre.vt.edu They are on FB too. Lots of info on those trees with or without leaves. Now if only I could find where the shadows are hiding, I might get some nice photos of sycamore bark or reflections in Duck Pond.

Hahn Garden VT Campus "Flying Dragon: Poncirus trifoliata


Old White Oak in Stadium Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...