Thursday, November 12, 2015

Seriously Autumn Outside My Doors

The leaves are mostly shades of browns or on the ground. Depending on the time of day or the sun peaking from behind clouds there is still intense colors to be found. 

My favorite color is cerelian blue, and close second sienna brown. I love the two in combination. I personally think no one mixes colors together better than Mother Nature. At times she throws everything in her paint palette for sunrises and sunsets. 

I was going to write about the varies shades of browns this time of year but found the light was what I was really capturing. Between my front door and back the sky was dramatically different. Taking photos of leaves within seconds the light had shifted and so too the color that we see. Color is all about the light.

Even if you can not perceive color, you still have an amazing range of gray tones. Some days the overcast skies creates those shades for all to enjoy. I love a cloudy sky but even more so when the sun adds to the contrast.

I have one of the long format pieces almost done. It has lots of blues and browns. Will try to get that posted soon until then here are a few photos outside my windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...