Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Bounty


It is autumn and I just finished the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. Some of the 30 are graphite sketches, ideas, the seeds of a new painting. During the month of September I watched these seedlings grown into finished pieces. While thinking of a title for the blog, fall, harvest, ah, bounty came to mind. The generous and kind words I received for this large amount of work I put forth to share with everyone.
Bounty - noun - good things that are given or provided freely and in large amounts. Something that is given generously. Etymology: Middle English bounte "goodness" Latin bonus "good".

I hope you enjoy the bounty of my art. These challenges are good for me, helping me to work everyday, even if it is just a quick study. Setting the time aside to do the work, cleaning my study to have a space to work and framing so I can sell the work. All good things.

The large full tree piece will be on display at the NOMA gallery Grand Opening, Saturday, October 3rd from 5:00 - 8:00. Many of the other works will be at the Fine Arts in the Valley show opening October 17th running 18th - 24th and 25th from 11:00 - 5:00. Come on by and see these works finished and framed.

http://www.nomagalleryfrederick.com
http://www.fineartsinthevalley.wix.com/fav




No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...