Monday, October 5, 2015

Step By Step


 I was trying to put together a quick video of a step by step of using the watercolor crayons and pastels. The resolution looks like it might be too low but I can't really check this till it is published so once I see how it looks I may be doing this over again.

It is a step by step of the great horned owl. Watercolor crayons are the background, water is sprayed on the crayons to allow them to melt. Adjusting the crayons, colors, and spray again with water and alcohol. Allow to dry completely before adding pastel. Pastels will work as a wet medium but for this project I wanted a dry surface for the line work and details of the feathers.

If you have additional questions please feel free to email me. lhp5536@aol.com

This piece will be at the Fine Arts in the Valley show Oct.17-18-24-25th - 6219 Harley Rd., Middletown, MD http://www.fineartsinthevalley.wix.com/fav

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...