Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Expectations

September, thoughts of autumn, lots of things happening at this time of year. Beginning of football season, schools back in session and rise in arts shows. There are many shows happening this year. The Historic Mill show will be opening soon, always a great show to go see. There is a new gallery in Frederick, MD, NOMA, which is on the corner of 5th and Market St., I have join this new venture and the pre-opening show is coming up this weekend, First Saturday, September 5th. Here is a link to the web site http://www.nomatemp.wordpress.com/ The Grand Opening will be first Saturday in October. The Fine Arts in the Valley show opens October 17th, at 11:00 goes till 5:00. This will be our final year doing the FAV show, be sure to come see us Oct. 17 - 18 - 24 - 25th at 6219 Harley Road, Middletown, MD. http://fineartsinthevalley.wix.com/fav

Lots going, big expectations for great art! Just to add a little exciting pressure on myself I signed up for the September 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. I am going to approach it like I did in January. I do not paint that fast, I will have some sketches that will be paintings during the 30 days, in-between will be paintings that I am currently working on and hope to have finished for the FAV show and maybe the new gallery.

Here is Day 1 "Near Autumn" soft pastel on Rives BFK paper image 15x22 inches. I have been working on this off and on for some time, finished it just in time for September 1st start. If you are interested in purchasing this piece please send me an email at: lhp5536@aol.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...