Thursday, September 24, 2015

All Decked Out


When I am done with a painting it is not really complete until it is framed. The mat and a frame can add the finishing touches to a piece and just make it look all decked out.

The down side is I do the framing. I cut the mats, order the frames. Long ago I would assemble the frames too but just not enough hours in the day so now I get them assemble. I use local stores for glass, not a fan of cutting glass. I order mat board by the case, cut the mats and tend to order the frames on line using American Companies. 

I have been trying to do a little framing in-between doing the art or vise-versa. Yesterday was more framing then art. No matter how hard you try to keep the framing area clean there is always at least one spot on the glass as you put your artwork in the frame. I always check to make sure before putting the backing on the frame. It is those little tiny things that will just push you over the edge. 

I must say it is looking good for shows and galleries this fall. Lots of new work and more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art And Wine

Today, May 25th, is National Wine Day in the U.S.A. apparently there is a sister day in February called National Drink Wine Day. In celebrat...