Thursday, August 27, 2015

The Love Of Art

Over the years I have had people contact me to let me know what a piece of my art has meant to them. Art is very personal, when I talk to people and hear them say I don't know anything about art. I respond with art is what you love. If it speaks to you that is all you need to know.

This week I received an email from a woman that purchased a dragonfly pastel that was at Mountain Lake Lodge Gift Gallery. It was a emotional purchase. She wrote to tell me that the dragonfly was a symbol for a loved one she had lost. 

I did write back to thank her for sharing this very tender personal story. I love knowing where my art goes to live and how much it means to those that make the purchase. 

Another reason for loving my job.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rolling Through Roanoke

June 22, Thursday, Rick and I had to go into Roanoke, VA for the afternoon. Roanoke has some interesting street art, public art. There are a...