Friday, August 7, 2015

Smell The Rain

Even before my coffee was done brewing  I heard the thunder and could smell the rain in the air. The desert has it's own special fragrance during monsoon season. 

The clouds and sun rising behind the mountains got my attention. But it was what was coming from the west that told me to take cover. The rainbow before the storm. In AZ there are times when it is raining but it evaporates before it hits the ground. That is not usually the case during monsoon season. But the rainbow seem to appear before the rain. It is currently thundering and the rain is hitting the ground. 

Still have clouds on my list of paintings to do - so many ideas - so little time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...