Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Black and White = Gray


Gray Fox that is, with little bits of rusty colors to help hide in those red Arizona rocks. Common Gray Fox (Urocyon cinereoargenteus) Spanish name zorro gris, they are in the same family as coyote and kit foxes, Canidae. They weight between 5-9 pounds and have a black stripe that runs down the tail. Gray fox prefer rocky canyons and I read that of the three, coyote, kit and gray fox, they can climb trees. They sometimes are found sleeping in trees. 

I took a photo of this guy at the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. It took me a few trips there to get one of him/her with eyes open and facing me. Most of the time you would see him/her curled up sleeping. Guess my timing was a bit off on those days or I spent too much time taking pictures of the mountain lions. Speaking of mountain lions I have a small one in process in pastel that may become a larger oil. Back to the easel!



Gray Fox, soft pastel image size 6X9.5, framed to 12X16

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...