Thursday, August 6, 2015

At It Again

We are back in Arizona. I have filled the hummingbird feeders and it did not take long for them to arrive. There are two large Anna's that are at it again, battling for the territorial rights. The first night Rick and I see the hummingbirds, then hear a thump noise. We thought one of them must have run into window. The next morning they are still going at it and the thump noise turns out to be body blows. These little guys are literally banging into each other. This action is too fast for me to get a picture, not that I really want one. It is interesting behavior, I know they are tiny warriors but I enjoy when they hang at the feeder or flowers over battle.

Here are a few non-battling photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Rolling Through Roanoke

June 22, Thursday, Rick and I had to go into Roanoke, VA for the afternoon. Roanoke has some interesting street art, public art. There are a...