Sunday, June 7, 2015

Pretty-wild

While in the wilds of Utah I found myself taking groupings of photographs. One of these groups are wildflowers.

I have them spread throughout several folders. Spent some time researching the flowers I came upon while hiking in Kanab, Zion, Bryce and Arches.

I did discover Utah's State Flower is a Sego Lily. It is impressive to see these beautiful flowers growing in the dry, sandy soil of the desert. Nature always finds a way to survive.

Utah's State Flower - Sego Lily

Sego Lily

Pea Family of Flowers

Stonecrop Family - closest I could find to identify

Evening Primrose

Prickly Pear



No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - Trees - Along The Way

We are about 18 days into our cross country trip. We are on the east coast, have been for a for about a week, GA, S.C. crossed through N.C. ...