Monday, May 18, 2015

Georgia On My Mind

Georgia O'Keefe said, "It is my private mountain." "It belongs to me. God told me if I painted it  enough, I could have it."

I understand how she felt about her mountain the Cerro Pedernal in New Mexico. I wake each morning and look out on my mountain ranges, there are several mountains. I truly can not take my eyes off of them. I have not done much on evening paintings, coming soon, but the mornings. I have had the opportunity to sit out in the morning and watch the sun rise from behind these mountains. I go through periods of time when I try to capture some of the changes I see, the mist, the clouds, and the colors of the mountains.

Here are a few of the small works I do while I have my morning coffee with the mountains.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...