Monday, May 25, 2015

Birds Of A Feather

Saturday, Rick and I took a drive down to Tucson. The "Birds In Art" exhibit was at the end of it's stay here in AZ. I really wanted to see the show and it was worth the drive down. The show includes some of the best know wildlife artists.

The Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, Wausau, WI has this annual juried exhibition. I believe that part of the show travels the country. The works at this show ranged in techniques: pyrography - the burning on paper or wood to create the image, watercolor, oil, acrylic, gouache, printmaking - woodcut, linocuts, serigraphy, sculpture and a book collage.

It was inspiring on many levels for me, not just seeing this great collection of work but making me want to work harder. Artists have a different kind of "Bucket List", their lists often include shows that they aspire to be included. This is on my bucket list!

Vicki Banks, Hunt and Peck, Bronze

Robert Bateman,, Cedar Snags, oil on canvas

Nobuko Kumasaka, Small House, (Barn Owls) pyrography on basswood

Kathy Miller, The Smaller British Birds, Hand-colored collage & vintage book


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rolling Through Roanoke

June 22, Thursday, Rick and I had to go into Roanoke, VA for the afternoon. Roanoke has some interesting street art, public art. There are a...