Sunday, April 5, 2015

Nice Ending

Saturday was the last day for the Paint Out at the Desert Botanical Gardens. I took my camera and did a walk about. I have been focused on small areas to paint in the garden and have not had a chance to take in all the beauty of the season.

The ending of my taking pictures of the cactus, the trees and flowering plants was roadrunners. I have seen the roadrunners babies in their nest in the past. Not easy to see or take pictures. The nest is build in the middle of a large cactus cluster. This time I was in the right place at the right time. The baby is out of it's nest. Mom is still feeding him/her which I was able to catch with my camera.

What a nice way to end my day at the garden paint out. Did not paint much, but so happy to have future references for new paintings.

Next weekend is the show and sale at the gardens. More on that tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Art History

Some time ago I was at the AZ State Capitol for meetings in support of the Arts. While I was there I discovered the Original State Capit...