Sunday, March 1, 2015

Pods & Pedals

One of my favorite months in Arizona is March. This winter has had some rain and snow in higher elevations. The benefit of this has already become apparent, it will be a bountiful spring full of color.
I love the color from the pedals of the blossoms, leaves but the seed pods are just so much fun to draw. 

Starting Saturday I will be painting at the Desert Botanical Gardens. My plain aire painting tends to focus on the up close, the details. I'm thinking this year may focus on plants, pods and maybe a few of our feathered friends.

I will try to post the weekends work each Monday. Sometimes it takes me a couple visits to complete the work. I do take reference photos so I can work in the studio too.

Until then here are a few pedals and pods seen outside by door.







No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...