Wednesday, March 25, 2015

1-2-3

I was going to try to post images from the paint out at the Desert Botanical Gardens during the month of March. The month is quickly getting away from me and I have not posted a single image. Today I will play catch up, here are 2 from the garden plein air and one from the studio/backyard painting. The 3rd week at the garden was so-so still not loving the image and it is not done. Will look at it a bit longer but I have a feeling it is going to get a new look soon. When a pastel is not working I sometimes blend it all together to create a new background. Most of the time that works very well for me, removing the image I was trying to create. Leaving me with a abstract background and no preconceived image.

Cactus Wren almost done, pastel on paper

Mesquite tree in spring, pastel on paper

Costa Hummingbird, oil on canvas board

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...