Thursday, January 8, 2015

Nature's Watercolors

Going through photographs this morning to print references for the 30/30 Challenge and other projects. I was reminded of the walk around Boyce Thompson Arboretum. The snow was melting quickly leaving patterns and intensifying the colors in nature.

The trees had the quality of an abstract painting with a watercolor effect. The drips that ran down the bark, that danced on the leaves and increased hues of color. These are those moments in nature that keep me coming back to study those little details.

I am not an abstract painter but I do use those elements as the background of my painting. Even the randomness of the coffee stained works. The form that appears tells me what comes next. Nature is full of surprises, we just need to keep our eyes open, listen a little and let Mother Nature do her thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...