Saturday, January 3, 2015

Mellow Yellow

I am referring to the soft yellows I have been seeing in the skies lately. Not the soft drink. Is that even still in production? 

I am not a landscape painter. It is often overwhelming when I go out in nature and try to paint the mountains, trees and fields. There is just too much information. 

The early morning light with the mist of recent moisture ( high elevation snow) has created some beautiful light effects. A softness, limited details keeping me from trying to record every leaf or cactus spine I see. I have captured some nice photographs as references to try a few small paintings. We shall see how the glow of the soft mellow yellow works in helping me do a few more landscapes. Next might do a few quick sunrise or sunset plein aire paintings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...