Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Do You Ever Think Too Much?

The beginning of the new year is always filled with good intentions. Not just the usual health-life things we say we are going to do but with ideas, new inspiration. Do you ever just think too much, have too many ideas? I do, I try to put them in order of priority. What does that mean to an artist? Priority is what show is coming up next and is there a theme to that show? Am I teaching a workshop? Making paper, books or framing? Submitting proposals? Or, do I just need to be in the studio working?

Yesterday was appointment day, not going to but making, lots of time on the phone, on the computer and just making lots of notes. When I did the paper making demonstration on Monday at Boyce Thompson Arboretum it got me in the flow, in that state of mind to just make paper. But, I had to break it down, bring it back to the studio and just stop. It was hard, I wanted to make more paper. It is a mild addiction, I just like working with paper, painting on it, drawing on it, making sketch books, making paper.

First things first, I need to finish the 30-30 challenge. I am using this time to work out ideas, preliminary sketches for oil or pastel paintings. I completed works and finishing up a couple larger pieces that have just taken a long time to complete. I am trying not to stress over doing this as it is meant to be stress-free and fun. But, there is a bit on a desire to complete the task, make that daily post, at least do something every day. Not sure what today's post will be....maybe something on handmade paper.

If you are interested in making paper with me the workshop is scheduled for Feb. 5-6-7-8 from 11:00-3:00. Check the web site for pricing and details. http://www.lindaharrisonparsons.com

Making Paper in Zambia

The beginning of the tree pastel

30-30 still a work in progress but getting closer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...