Tuesday, December 30, 2014

No Excuses

Going to start the New Year out with No Excuses for not painting. I am jumping in and doing the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge again. I have it formatted in my head a little bit this year. I discovered last year, I just don't paint that fast. Some days it is easier than others and the painting just works. The other days, it can be a bit of a battle between brush and hand.

The plan is to work on a preliminary sketch: graphite, watercolor with pastel or charcoal. Maybe even some of the coffee stained papers with drawings. These will be the working process for oil paintings. The paintings generally take me 3 days for a small piece 5x7 - 8x10 and a week for larger pieces sizes. If all goes well, the pattern will go -  2 graphic style works follow by 1 oil painting.

I work in both pastel and water based oils, my preferred surface for both is paper. I am preparing surfaces and re-organizing the studio, again, so it is ready to work. After framing it gets a bit - well you know - messy.

On the posting of the first image, which will be the piece I am demonstrating at the Opening Reception at Boyce Thompson Arboretum, Superior from 10-12 January 1st. I will post a link to the web site hosting this event. I will try to post daily on FB and my web site. The web site has been recently updated with some new images, a few more touches to bio, resume and it will be up to date. Check it out and let me know what are your favorite pieces. http://www.lindaharrisonparsons.com

Here's to No Excuses!

2014 30-30 challenge images.
Did you notice that all of the pieces from 2014 challenge had two word titles?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Art History

Some time ago I was at the AZ State Capitol for meetings in support of the Arts. While I was there I discovered the Original State Capit...