Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Shades Of Grey

On my long drive from Southern VA to MD I ran in and out of rain storms. At one point I looked to my left and it was blue skies and sun coming through. To the front and right of me were clouds. Many shades of grey in those clouds. I love how the dark grey was making the colors in the trees even more intense. 
The color grey is pretty amazing, it can be created by mixing a variety of different colors together. On the blue side you will have you cooler grey. Use yellow and purples, it will be warmer. 
I did an elephant painting using the colors left on my palette to create greys. It was a fun challenge. How many greys do you see when you look at the clouds. How many can you mix without using black or white - I think maybe more then fifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - Trees - Along The Way

We are about 18 days into our cross country trip. We are on the east coast, have been for a for about a week, GA, S.C. crossed through N.C. ...