Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sedona Sunset

The last days of April I spent in Sedona. It was a bit cooler up there. Most of the day I spent at the Sedona Art Center, gallery sitting and doing demonstration of pastel.

That evening, watched the sun set in one of the vortex areas, way up high by the airport.

The following morning the pastel show came down, done for another year. It is a nice location for the AZ Pastel Artists Association juried spring show.

Our last meeting is this Sunday back in the Scottsdale/Phoenix area. AZ is settling in for the summer. Most of us winter visitors are already gone or heading out soon. The heat of the summer keeps you inside, in the pool or in another state. The inside part works for me as it helps to keep me in my studio. I have enjoyed being able to pull my easel and paints out back and paint into the evening.

Today, May Day,  I will spend packing up the fruits of my labor to take back east for shows. Lots of shows coming up!

Going

Going

Gone

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...