Thursday, May 15, 2014

Back To Work

Back in the studio, back to work...ordered some frames for work I transported back from AZ for shows on the east coast. I have discovered that framing for the east differs from out west. I carry and ship my work without frames. Then it is just a matter of seeing what frames I have, order new ones, mat if needed, buy glass, assemble the work, secure, tape, cover the back, add hardware and label. See just a few little things, that take a whole lot of time. Another of those art work things that is part of the business of art.

I did get a few hours of painting in and plan to do a few more today. I have two paintings in progress and hope to have them done for the June show at Virginia Tech. It is raining today, I was going to run out, pick up ink for the printer so I can print out a reference picture for the one painting...but think I might just use my computer. Gives me more time to paint, that's my story and I am sticking to it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...