Thursday, April 17, 2014

What's Bloomin' Arizona!

EVERYTHING! As I go for my walks I see something new blooming. This year everything has been blooming early in Arizona. As the rest of the country has been dealing with too much snow and cold. The southwest has been 10 degrees warmer then normal and lacking rain. I do believe Mother Nature knows that the extreme heat is on it's way. In knowing this the flowers are blooming very early. Even the Saguaro Cactus has started to bloom, a good month earlier then I have seen before. Usually they are one of the last cactus to bloom going right into the summer. But, for now I will enjoy seeing the flowers blooming and the smell of the high desert.

Saguaro Cactus

Purple Prickly Pear



Palo Verde laying down it's yellow carpet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rolling Through Roanoke

June 22, Thursday, Rick and I had to go into Roanoke, VA for the afternoon. Roanoke has some interesting street art, public art. There are a...