Sunday, April 6, 2014

Springing Into Action

Spring is a great time for the arts and artist. The weather brings people out and about, the artist are inspired and new works appear in shows. Time to spring into action, or might be more of a sprint this week. The New Mexico show opened Friday night followed by opening reception Saturday. It is in Frederick, MD at the Griffin Art Center. I sent a couple of paintings I did plein air while we were in Toas, NM of the Rio Grand Gorge. Gallery open weekends.

Today I am taking work to the AZ Pastel meeting for the Spring Juried Show in Sedona. Opening reception is April 19th 2-4. I will be doing a demonstration at the gallery on the 29th, 10 - 5. the last day of the show. Art Barn Road, Sedona Art Center.

This coming Saturday, April 12th from 10 - 6, I will be at Desert Ridge Shopping Center doing a sidewalk mural. There will be lots of activities for the whole family. I will post pictures of FB as I am working. At least that is my plan. I won't know my exact location until I check in that morning.

Marilu dropped off our works for the Burwell-Morgan Historic Mill Show in VA. That will be opening soon and runs through Mother's Day. Marilu is also busy getting her work ready for solo show.

April 26th is the closing reception for the AZ Arts Alliance Gallery, the last show as they are losing their space. It will be a grand party open you can attend. It is from 6-9 PM, the gallery is open that day from 11 - 6. Just off Indian Bend & Pima Road, at the Pavilions at Talking Stick.

I am steady working to have new pieces for a solo show that opens in June at VA Tech Alumni Gallery. Granite, my cat, has enjoyed a new freedom outside. Being a little cat, AZ is a bit scary to let small animals out alone. I have been bringing her bed outside putting it in a chair so she can share the spring time with me while I paint. It is her second favorite place to be, the first is my lap. But, it does make it so much easier for me to work when she is not in my lap or flipping her tail in my paints.

Shows on the east coast are gearing up to but will talk about those later. Got a few other projects going on in-between. It is always good to be busy and spring like doing the 30-30 challenge is a nice little kick in the you know where to get us through the summer and right into fall!

Okay, think it is time for another cup of coffee!


Granite enjoying being outside

Show at AZ Arts Alliance

"Awakening" on it's way to Sedona

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - Trees - Along The Way

We are about 18 days into our cross country trip. We are on the east coast, have been for a for about a week, GA, S.C. crossed through N.C. ...