Saturday, April 26, 2014

Snap - Crackle - Pop

I had set my easel up outside and was happily painting away. I kept hearing this snap - crackle - popping sounds. Where were they coming from? At first I thought it had to do with the Mesquite trees but they do not have their pods dropping yet.

Stopped painting and started walking around, quickly found the trees that were dropping their pods. I am not sure this is the name, but was told it is called a bird of paradise tree. It has a lovely little yellow flower. This year it is full of pods, which I do not remember seeing so many last year. I think the extended warm weather may have something to do with that.

I love that I learn something new from nature all the time. The bottle tree is also in bloom, a non-native but very interesting tree. It has a willow like feel to it, with branches that hang down a bit, leaves are long triangle shaped, the flower a little bell and the bark has a eye shape throughout.

That's what's bloomin' this weekend. This winds are blowing today, so many of the flowering trees may be losing them this weekend.

Bird of Paradise Tree

Pods from Bird of Paradise Tree

Mesquite Tree pods

Flowers from Bottle Tree


No comments:

Post a Comment

Art Changes

Recently I removed the Wild at heART FaceBook Group. I am down to two links on FB, one is Linda Harrison-Parsons, regular everything page wi...