Saturday, April 19, 2014

National Parks, Sedona, Pastels

What do these things have in common? Well, it is National Parks Week, which means you can go to any National Park for no fee this weekend. I am heading up to Sedona today, just a day trip for the art opening of the AZ Pastel Artists Association spring juried show. The reception is at the Art Center, Art Barn Road, Sedona, AZ from 2:30 - 4:00. If you are in the area, drop on by and see some of the finest pastel artists in AZ.

While I am there I may check out one or two of the parks, National and or State. AZ has many parks, there is Montezuma Castle & Montezuma Well on the way up to Sedona. Tuzigoot National Park which is near Cottonwood, just a stone's throw away from Sedona. Thinking I may just go up through Cottonwood on my way to Sedona. Let the adventures begin....

Get out this weekend, take a walk in one of our nations parks. Sunday, I think I may just have to go over to Tonto National Forest. Who knows maybe I will catch a glimpse of the illusive wild horses.

Mountain Lion in the APAA show

Along Hwy 89A pulled off and did a little plein air painting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rolling Through Roanoke

June 22, Thursday, Rick and I had to go into Roanoke, VA for the afternoon. Roanoke has some interesting street art, public art. There are a...