Wednesday, March 26, 2014

In-Be-Tween-Times

Last week I worked at the gallery, it was a Thursday, it was a very quite day. I always bring something to work on, to demonstrate if anyone is interested in seeing the technique I use for my pastels. But, on those still days, there is lots of in between time to fill.

I had started a little barn owl and pretty much finished him at the gallery, did a little more work back at the studio. But, nice little study, 5x7 ish...working with toned background, pulling out the lights with my kneaded eraser and then adding details with pastel pencils.

Thinking he needs to be bigger and maybe try him in oils. But, first need to finish the bird on the easel, and then the 3 other canvases that are sitting in-there-in-be-tween state.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Clouds - Trees - Along The Way

We are about 18 days into our cross country trip. We are on the east coast, have been for a for about a week, GA, S.C. crossed through N.C. ...