Saturday, February 15, 2014

Working in winter

Winter working for me, means indoors...for the most part.  This winter has been particularly challenging.  We've had snow, snow, ice and more snow...in fact it's snowing lightly right now.   My 'plein aire' work this season has been small hikes with my camera in hopes of finding some subjects.  But most of the time I've photographed the birds on my feeders from the warmth of my kitchen.  Works for me....  I'm blessed with a number of varieties....chickadees, tufted titmice, wrens, juncos, sparrows, winter finches, cardinals, nuthatches, hairy woodpeckers, downy woodpeckers, flickers and the odd pileated woodpecker that thinks he can maneuver a feeder.  So I'm assembling a nice collection of bird scratchboards for the spring shows.  And I have plenty more images to work from for our Fine Arts in the Valley show in the Fall.  (follow that site on facebook).

The works that I'm posting here are photographed with my phone....not ideal I know, and I'll do a good job with my good camera when the weather allows.  But for now, excuse the quality of the pictures.  I'll get my photography tips from my daughter, and if you want to see some quality photographs, see her work at www.ttrphotographics.com.  (excuse the proud mom commercial....)
 
Enjoying the Winter....but longing for Spring.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's That Sound???

You know you are in Wyoming when you wake to the sound of horses. With limited wi-fi service it has been a lot harder to get blogs written a...